Hubert H. Humphrey Grant
Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program for Professional Development
The Hubert H. Humphrey Program is a year-long program for professional development at a leading U.S. university
Humphrey fellows are mid-career professionals in leading positions in the design, planning, and implementation of public policies in the governmental (ministries, national agencies, etc.) or private sphere (NGOs).
The Humphrey Program gathers distinguished professionals at select universities, and they study for an academic year, sharing their professional experiences. Fellows are selected because of their leadership potential and their commitment to public service in their countries, either in the public or private sector.
Program dates: The call opens in March and closes in July. Selected candidates travel in August of the following year.
Characteristics of the Program
- University degree (or equivalent in certain fields).
- 5 years of experience in the field the candidate applies for.
- Experience in management or administrative positions; policy-making inclination both in the private and public sector, rather than research, technology, or teaching.
- Commitment to the public sector.
- English knowledge (those who are not fluent enough can apply for an intensive English course in the U.S. prior to the beginning of the academic program).
- Those who have finished their postgraduate studies 7 years prior to the application year.
- Those who have resided in the U.S. for over 6 months in the 5 years prior to the application year.
- Those looking for a degree.
- Those who received another Fulbright grant in the 5 years prior to the application.
- International round airline ticket.
- Tuition and expenses at the university.
- Medical insurance.
- Monthly stipend for expenses.
- Books, trips, and professional activities.
- Trip to Washington D.C. to take part in a special seminar.
The call is currently closed and will reopen in May 2020.
Those interested in applying can request the application terms by sending an email to [email protected].